DIGITAL vs. ANALOG










In this post I will be discussing the pros and cons of using digital media VS. analog material. I will mainly discuss the pros and cons between digital and analog painting/drawing.


First I will start with ANALOG;



Pros:
-easy to use

-no crashing or forgetting to save

-traditional feel

-in my opinion can be easier to use when making very fine details


Cons:
-materials can be very pricey, with constantly having to buy them

-you are limited to only what you have

-not always easy to fix mistakes

-not always being able to have it with you


Now for DIGITAL;



Pros:
-many different tools

-can be less time consuming

-less messy

-saving different versions

-easy to access

-not having to scan it in if wanting to post it or send it

-messing with the colours

-being able to go back and completely changing a shape of something

-not having to worry about running out ink/paint etc.

-be able to work on it anywhere, home, trains, cafe, library, etc.


Cons:
-easily losing your data, ex. accidentally not saving it or if the software crashes

-not having that authentic feel/satisfaction/look of analog

-if your computer dies then you won’t be able to work

-staring at a screen can make give you a decent headache

-can get easily distracted by things like Youtube or whatever random things you enjoy on the Internet (this is me beacuse I have a hard time staying on task all the time hahah)



In my opinion I really enjoy both, but for different reasons. I like the way both of them look and feel because they just both work in different ways. So I wouldn't say that I would choose one or the other, it just really depends on what I want to make and how I want it to look.

Comments