BASICS ON HOW TO MAKE A DIGITAL PAINTING















In this post I am going to talk about a quick overview on how to make a digital painting, well how I do.But before I start I need to say that I digital painting is something that I have recently started to learn, so this is what I have learned in my experience.The programme I generally use is photoshop, because I find it easy to use, and there are so many great tools.


So the very first first thing you need to do is come up with an idea. Some of the things I do is write down ideas and draw out very rough sketches. But if I didn’t already have an idea of what I would be making, sometimes I like to go on the internet and look for some inspiration. Pinterest is a good place to look. Sometimes this phase can take a while if you are like me, very indecisive.


Now going from a rough sketch to a more refined sketch, but keep it simple, dont add to many details because that doesn't need to be done until the end, and will just make the painting process so much more complicated (speaking from experience). The idea is too get the main shapes of the image.


Okay now that the sketching phase is over it is time to start adding values (light and dark). What I suggest is to start a new layer and and start adding in the values so that if you need to look back at your sketch you are still able to. When you are finished with that, go over again and make things more refined, and also adding some more details.


Finally it is time to add colour. Make another layer, to again not mess with the other layers.



Now you are FINISHED!

Comments